Getting Started – Copper Tour & Help
Follow the steps below to get started using your Copper account.
If you’ve forgotten your password, from the login screen click the ‘Forgotten your password?’ link, enter your email address and click submit. Copper will send the login and password to the matching email address.
The Main Menu
Adding People, Projects, and Tasks
Using the draggable project timeline, plot your project and its tasks to get an instant picture of what lays ahead. Then use that same plan to execute the project with your team.
Profile Widget & Stopwatch
The Day-to-Day Best Practice
Working with Copper will become second nature, but here are the broad principles that you should keep in mind as you start to migrate more of your projects into your new system.
1. Add the project and the tasks required to complete it
2. Add the estimated hours required for each task
3. Add workers to tasks, and Project managers to Projects
4. Tell your team its ok to Pin the Person most important at the current time
5. Have your team complete the work and add their hours and estimates for % complete.
As you progress, your project managers can review the hours Estimated and Logged (Actual) along with the % complete, and tweak and manage timelines accordingly.