- Available as a hosted account or as an installable server license for higher security requirements.
- Available as hosted account only.
- All accounts have unlimited projects, limitation is on number of users or unlimited for Premium accounts, no free accounts.
- All accounts have limited projects, no limitation on users, basecamp has free 1 user account.
|How are the two tools actually used?|
- Project Managers create project plans and tasks, allocate those tasks to Workers, and review quantitative progress.
- Project Managers add To Dos, upload files, upload text documents, start discussions.
- Workers log in, review their tasks, and add time, comments and an estimation of % complete.
- Workers log in, check off tasks, add to discussions.
- Accounts team can review time spent on a project or by a resource and either invoice directly or export csv to invoice externally
- No internal invoicing/timetracking.
- Tech team can modify Copper to suit the individual requirements of the company.
- Basecamp API can be used to create external add-ons.
- Information is stored as Clients, Projects, Tasks (including sub-tasks), and Files.
- Information is stored as Discussions, To Dos, Files, Text Documents and Dates.
- Users have secure and specific access to a whole client, a project, or tasks.
- Users can see everything but can be invited to Files & Discussions.
- Includes fully draggable Gantt Timeline for quick project setup and management of tasks and timelines. Import/Export to MS Project
- Time can be tracked and entered via the in-built stopwatch timer, or can be manually entered
- Percentage completion of tasks is stored for every task update and rolls up to show project completion. You can always see just how ‘complete’ a project or task is.
- Tasks are either done or not, there is no tracking of percentage completion.
- All tasks have a running commentary, this commentary is tied to percentage complete, hours spent, automated timesheets, and invoicing.
- Messages are held under the whole project. You can choose to email those you want to see the message. No percentage complete or timesheeting.
- Files are uploaded and attached to Tasks or Projects and users can only access if they have permission for those tasks/projects.
- Files are centralised under projects and viewable to all.
- Multi language support, including spanish, portuguese, french, swedish, dutch, italian.
- Compatible with HTML5 capable phones.
- Can be used on phones – BC Mobile uses HTML5 – no apps to install