This week we continue with design and development of the next version, and we’ve also started on a minor update for the current version.
However, a few opportunities have come up to simplify the next version by potentially removing features. Well, not so much removing features, rather removing redundancies that exist within the software.
So, we have a few questions that we wanted to throw out there to the customer base so that we can make better decisions about these key changes. We’re really looking for an economy of movement/function in this version.
So here are seven quick questions, you can reply via the comments here, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- How does your company use Files? Do you view the files tab in clients? Do you view it in Projects? Do you only upload files that relate to tasks?
- How does your company use Contacts? Are you using the related contact feature in the task commentary?
- Would you prefer the Project and Task % complete to be automatically based on hours Estimated vs Logged, or continue as a subjective % estimation on each update?
- How many resources would you typically have on a task? and what’s your max resources on any task?
- Do you have a single charge rate, charge rate for each client, charge rate for each role, charge rate for each user, or charge rate for each project?
- Describe your ultimate report, think laterally, what would you most like to know about your business?
- In general, what is the most time consuming thing you do with Copper? Don’t solve the problem with ‘it would be nice if’, rather, just tell us in words what you spend the most time doing.
Please shoot through your thoughts via email or by commenting on this post, it all helps. Version 4.0 is shaping up to be an amazing piece of software, we know you’re going to love it. And yes, if you’re keen on contributing or want an amazing discount there are still spots available in the Inner Circle.
Until next week.
– Ben Prendergast